DONATE ONLINE NOW!
How You Can Help
Since 1885, the YWCA Kalamazoo has been providing services and advocacy to women and families in Kalamazoo. We provide a variety of opportunities for individual and corporate gifts. All gifts to the YWCA are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
If you are unable to make a financial donation at this time, please consider donating items from our Critical Needs List. Unfortunately, due to limited storage, we are not able to accept items that are not our Critical Needs List.
Thank you for supporting the work of the YWCA of Kalamazoo! For more information, please contact Emily Deering, Development Program Manager at (269) 345-5595.
YWCA Kalamazoo Annual Fund
Here is how your contribution to our Annual Fund can help:
- $25 provides service of a personal protection order for a victim of domestic abuse struggling to find a safe distance from her/his abuser.
- $47 provides one night of shelter in the YWCA’s secure domestic assault shelter including caring staff support, crisis intervention, food, linens, personal care items, clothing and laundry facilities, etc.
- $220 provides a week of high-quality early learning experiences and childcare for the child of a single mother staying in our domestic violence shelter as she searches for safe housing and a job.
- $370 provides a month of racial justice activities including consultation with groups and organizations. $1,882 provides a forensic nurse examination and vital evidence collection for a victim/survivor of a brutal rape.
- $402 provides three months of mentoring for a young woman determined to become personally and economically self-sufficient, changer her life and find self worth and independence with the help of staff and a volunteer mentor.
- $1,350 provides a month of housing-related services, staffing support/outreach and counseling in a transitional supportive housing setting for a woman and five children as they continue to move toward independence and freedom from violence following several weeks in the YWCA’s domestic assault shelter.
YWCA Kalamazoo Corporate Sponsorship
- Project Sponsorship: Companies can support the work of YWCA Kalamazoo programs by adopting one or more of the YWCA Kalamazoo’s special projects and make a direct impact on those we serve. Examples of special projects include: outside beautification, in-kind donation organization, adopt-a-room, etc.
- Program Sponsorship: Companies can support the work of YWCA Kalamazoo by sponsoring different aspects of our programs. Companies can sponsor the entire program or specific program components. For example, companies can sponsor our STEM empowerment program, TechGYRLS or they could sponsor the snacks for TechGYRLS.
- Event Sponsorship: Companies can be a sponsor for one of the YWCA Kalamazoo’s annual events, including the YWCA Women of Achievement Award Celebration, Women’s Equality Day and the YWCA Full Circle Luncheon.
To discuss corporate giving opportunities, please contact Emily Deering,, Development Program Manager at (269) 345-5595.
YWCA Kalamazoo Event Sponsorship
YWCA Kalamazoo Legacy Gift
To learn more about leaving a legacy and joining the Ida Stearns Society at the YWCA Kalamazoo, please contact Dr. Grace Lubwama, CEO at (269) 345-5595.
YWCA Kalamazoo Tribute Gift
When making your contribution, please specify that you wish to make your gift a tribute and make checks payable to the YWCA Kalamazoo or click here! If you have questions or comments, please contact Kellie Swikoski, Development Program Manager at (269) 345-5595 ext.311.